we all love
Look deep into nature, and you will
understand everything better.
Shanthimalai Environmental Care
1. Girivalam Seva
- The district administration is currently providing excellent support to maintain a clean and green Girivalam trail.
- The district administration has split Girivalam Road into seven sections, each with a team of four government personnel to monitor shops, enforce rules, and oversee cleanliness.
- Each panchayat now sends 100-day workers to work with our team, which is a big help and a successful outcome.
Solid Waste Management
Using a mechanical shredding machine, organic waste collected from Girivalam Path is regularly turned into bio manure in the windrow composting method. Sorted recyclables are stored in recyclables, and vermicompost is generated as a value-added product. In the demonstration plot, biofertilizers are applied to encourage organic farming.
2. Appa Amma Environmental Training Institute
3. Water Augmentation and Conservation
To improve the water resources, it is necessary to build percolation ponds to collect rainwater, as well as pipes to de-silt and deepen the current water sources.
- Meenakshi Pond (100’x70’x10′) – For sustainability, rainwater will be collected in the dug pond and used to produce fish and develop lotus. Water storage capacity: 2 million liters.
- The bottommost 75′ x 50′ x 4′ tank has an impervious layer made of HDPE with Geo liner.
- To meet the needs of wild animals, particularly deer, an intermediate pond was excavated upstream of Meenakshi Pond and another pond was renamed “Deer Pond.”
- To save water and to produce a favorable localised microclimate, a system of pipes designed to sprinkle water on the land has been built.
- Installing a pump to raise the water and deepening the existing well to increase the water supply.
- It is necessary to supply drip irrigation for the orchard and tree saplings as well as sprinklers for the nursery.
If you liked this project
want to support, continue here
4. Integrated Farming System(IFS)
IFS promotes natural farming methods, such as aquaculture, agroforestry, livestock and biogas generation. Using organic manure to increase crop yield and improve soil fertility is part of the model. Training is provided at our facility to understand the IFS model.
Demonstration plot show farmers how to use organic manure and other pest repellents to maintain soil health and fertility. Crops grown include turmeric, chrysanthemum, yam, roses, chilli, brinjal, onion, groundnut and fodder for cattle feed.
5. Green Earth Movement
Over 25,000 seeds were sown in the seed beds, and tiny saplings will be planted in grow bags. 700 different tree saplings were planted at AECP. Our Nursery has 8000 tree saplings.
6. Energy Conservation Initiative (ECI)
The biodigester on campus, which had been broken for 25 years, is back in full working order. To prepare the prasadam, workers’ tea, and other offerings for our Balaganapati, we use the biogas which we produce. When digester slurry is used in the composting process, it yields bio-compost and liquid compost.
Trees Plantation Awareness
Trees plantation awareness refers to efforts to educate and encourage people to plant trees, as well as to promote the importance and benefits of trees in the environment.
Trees provide a number of benefits to the environment, including oxygen production, carbon dioxide removal, soil stabilization, and wildlife habitat. Planting trees can help mitigate climate change, improve air quality, and reduce the risk of natural disasters such as floods and landslides. Tree plantation awareness campaigns may include educational materials, events, and activities designed to raise awareness about the importance of trees and encourage people to plant and care for them.